With Josh gone to the states this week, and having to get his carry on bag ready the other day. I thought I would tell you our must have items. This is something I have been asked about a lot! People always say, but the flight to Australia is SOOOO long. Here is how I manage it. I never leave home without these things in my backpack.
*Enjoy the pictures. Drake modeled for them.
1. ELECTRONIC BOOKS Make a list of books you want to read, and get books on your iPad, Kindle, or any electronic device. I for sure suggest electronic devices. Books can get really heavy carrying them around, and with all the time you have, you can read a lot of books. I stop reading books about two weeks away from my trip so I will really be eager to jump into them.
2. Pick your favorite water bottle. Go through security with it empty and then fill it up on the other side. You need to make sure you stay hydrated on the flights. When it is night time on the flights the flights attendants put out pitchers of water. I do not know about you, but after all of the reports I have been reading about planes and being clean, I only drink bottle water. Before they turn the lights off ask the flight attendants to fill your favorite bottle with their bottle water.
3. Wear comfy clothes. This means everything you have on. Make sure you can live in it for two days without wanting to take anything off or change. I wear my Chacos, (I know surprise surprise), but many people suggest tennis shoes.
4. Find Compression socks that will fit your feet and legs. I did not try this my first trip and then wore them my second. The leg pain was night and day. I for sure put this as a number one item list for my carry-on.
5. I always pack a pillow. I have a big one that I can wrap my arms around the bottom of, and it will stand up on its own. I lean on it and it really helps me sleep. I also try to get a window seat where I can lean my pillow on the side. To carry my pillow I always have a backpack as my carry-on and put it in the straps between my back and backpack. People may look at you a little odd, but on the plane they are all jealous!
6. Good headphones. They do not have to be expensive, but make sure they fit your ears. There is free entertainment on the long plane trips,